Explore La Crosse Grant Program
Explore La Crosse is pleased to be able to announce the return of the Event Marketing Grant Program to assist in the marketing efforts for our local festivals and events. Safely reviving our local tourism and economy is something we we feel very passionate about and are pleased to be able to allocate limited funds for this purpose. These funds will be designated primarily for events scheduled after July 1st, 2021.
The Grant program is designed to assist organizations with marketing efforts that will promote the La Crosse area to potential visitors, extend overnight stays, and create a desire to return to our area. Consideration is given to our members, new and expanding publicly promoted events and festivals, and sports tournaments being held in the La Crosse area which will produce room nights.
A complete list of eligibility, guidelines, procedures and the application follows. We look forward to hearing from you!
Explore La Crosse Event Marketing Grants
Planning an event or festival in the La Crosse area? The Explore La Crosse Grant Program is here to help organizers promote their events to potential visitors in order to grow overnight stays. We love working with new and expanding events, festivals and sports tournaments to reach out and bring more people into our community.
Following are the guidelines with all the details. Contact Deb Carlson, Director of Membership & Grants at firstname.lastname@example.org or 608-782-2286 for any questions. Scroll for the application.
2021 Application Deadlines
June – August Events: May 14, 2021
‘Intent to Bid’ September – 4th Quarter: May 14. 2021
September – 4th Quarter Events: July 16, 2021
- Due to this year’s circumstances, the 90 day prior application requirement is waived. We ask that applicants make every effort to submit requests early as funds are limited.
- Separate ‘Intent to Bid’ form below – may be used if details are not firm
The Explore La Crosse Event Marketing Grant Program is designed to assist organizations in marketing events that will promote the La Crosse area to potential visitors, extend overnight stays, and create a desire to return. Consideration will be given to members, new and expanding publicly promoted events and festivals, and sports tournaments being held in the La Crosse Region which will produce room nights.
The revenue source for this program is generated through room tax collected within the six member municipalities in the La Crosse area.
This grant is based on limited dollars available and is a competitive process. All applications will be reviewed, and the recipients selected by, the La Crosse County Convention & Visitors Bureau (LCCVB) Board of Directors.
• Event must show overnight lodging stays within the La Crosse area.
• Organizers must apply at least 90 days prior to the event date. (2021 exception)
• Capital campaigns or building funds are not eligible.
• Organizations that apply for a promotional grant may not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, national origin or sexual orientation.
• Political organizations, candidates for political office, and organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation are not eligible.
• Only completed applications will be considered.
• Grant money must be used to market the event outside of the La Crosse area to enhance tourism and produce lodging room nights within the room tax district.
• New events may apply for grant money for operating expenses. Grant money may not be used for paying volunteers or staff.
• Preference given to non-profit organizations and volunteer managed organizations.
• Event marketing materials must contain the wording, “For lodging information visit ExploreLaCrosse.com or call 800-658-9424”
• The Explore La Crosse logo must be displayed on the organization’s or event’s website.
• This is an annual grant and must be used entirely for the event the grant is awarded for and within 12 months of grant approval.
• Explore La Crosse reserves the right to offer part of the grant funding as in-kind marketing.
• Organizations which receive grant money must display Explore La Crosse signage at the event. Explore La Crosse has banners on hand that can be borrowed for display.
• Completeness of application.
• Number of potential overnight stays.
• Economic impact of the event on La Crosse County.
• Potential for growth or plans in place to grow event.
• Proof of need.
• Quality of event.
• June – August Event Grants will be reviewed and announced May 21st, 2021 • September – December Event Grants will be reviewed and announced July 23rd, 2021.
• Late applications will not be accepted.
• Explore La Crosse staff will review applications for completeness and clarify areas as needed with the applicant.
• LCCVB Board of Directors reviews and evaluates applications, and awards funding.
• NOTE: The follow-up report must contain copies of receipts for marketing spending, total lodging rooms occupied due to the event, and copies of the promotional material that listed the Explore La Crosse contact information.