Explore La Crosse Grant Program
Explore La Crosse is pleased to continue the Event Marketing Grant Program to assist in the marketing efforts for our local festivals and events. We feel very passionate about supporting our local tourism and economy and are pleased to be able to allocate funds for this purpose. These funds will be designated for events scheduled for 2023.
The Grant program is designed to assist organizations with marketing efforts that will promote the La Crosse region to potential visitors, extend overnight stays, and create a desire to return to our area. Consideration is given to our members, new and expanding publicly promoted events and festivals, and sports tournaments being held in the La Crosse region which will produce room nights.
A complete list of eligibility, guidelines, procedures and the application follows. Please take advantage of this valuable tool. We look forward to hearing from you!
Explore La Crosse Event Marketing Grants
Planning an event or festival in the La Crosse area? The Explore La Crosse Grant Program is here to help organizers promote their events to potential visitors in order to grow overnight stays. We love working with new and expanding events, festivals and sports tournaments to reach out and invite new guests into our communities.
Following are the guidelines listing the details and requirements. Contact Deb Carlson, Director of Membership & Grants at email@example.com or 608-782-2286 for any questions. Scroll for the application.
2023 Event Application Deadlines
February – April 2023 Events: Due January 13th, 2023
May – July 2023 Events: Due March 17th, 2023
August – October 2023 Events: Due June 16th, 2023
November 2023 – January 2024 Events: Due September 15th, 2023
February – April 2024 Events: Due December 15th, 2023
The Explore La Crosse Event Marketing Grant Program is designed to assist organizations in marketing events that will promote the La Crosse region to potential visitors, extend overnight stays, and create a desire to return. Consideration will be given to members, new and expanding publicly promoted events and festivals, and sports tournaments being held in the La Crosse Region which will produce room nights.
The revenue source for this program is generated through room tax collected within the six member municipalities in the La Crosse region.
This grant is based on dollars available and is a competitive process. All applications will be reviewed, and the recipients selected by, the La Crosse County Convention & Visitors Bureau (LCCVB) Board of Directors.
• Event must show overnight lodging stays within the La Crosse region.
• Organizers must apply at least 90 days prior to the event date.
• Capital campaigns or building funds are not eligible.
• Organizations that apply for a promotional grant may not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, gender, national origin or sexual orientation.
• Political organizations, candidates for political office, and organizations whose primary purpose is to influence legislation are not eligible.
• Only completed applications will be considered.
• Grant money must be used to market the event outside of the La Crosse region to enhance tourism and produce lodging room nights within the room tax district.
• New events may apply for grant money for operating expenses. Grant money may not be used for paying volunteers or staff.
• Preference given to non-profit organizations and volunteer managed organizations.
• Event marketing materials must contain the wording, “For lodging information visit ExploreLaCrosse.com or call 800-658-9424”
• The Explore La Crosse logo must be displayed on the organization’s or event’s website.
• This is an annual grant and must be used entirely for the event the grant is awarded for and within 12 months of grant approval.
• Organizations which receive grant money must display Explore La Crosse signage at the event. Explore La Crosse has banners on hand that can be borrowed for display.
• Completeness of application.
• Number of potential overnight stays.
• Economic impact of the event on La Crosse County.
• Potential for growth or plans in place to grow event.
• Proof of need.
• Quality of event.
• 2023 February – April Event Grants will be reviewed and announced Jan 20th, 2023
• 2023 May – July Event Grants will be reviewed and announced March 24th, 2023
• 2023 August – October Event Grants will be reviewed and announced June 23rd, 2023
• 2023 November – 2024 January Event Grants will be reviewed and announced September 22nd, 2023.
• Late applications will not be accepted.
• Explore La Crosse staff will review applications for completeness and clarify areas as needed with the applicant.
• LCCVB Board of Directors reviews and evaluates applications, and awards funding.
• NOTE: The event review must contain the Marketing Grant Event Review Form, along with copies of receipts for marketing spend, total lodging rooms occupied due to the event, and copies of the promotional material that listed the Explore La Crosse contact information.