An exhibition highlighting work from Wisconsin artists who are also art educators will open the University Gallery season at UW-La Crosse. The seven artists will exhibit various mediums, including printmaking, metalsmithing, encaustic painting, acrylic painting, sculpture, mixed media and photography. “Equilibrium” runs in the University Art Gallery from Thursday, Sept. 6, to Thursday, Sept. 26, on the first floor of the Center for the Arts, 333 N. 16th St.
Participating artists include:
• Quenten Brown, West Salem High School
• Carissa Brudos, La Crosse Summit Environmental Elementary School
• Tim Brunn, Freedom High School
• Frank Juarez, Sheboygan North High School
• Maria Mason, American School of Doha, Qatar – on extended leave from teaching at La Crosse’s North Woods International Elementary
• Angie Szabo, Fort Atkinson High School
• Tim Znidarsich, Jack Young Middle School, Baraboo
Regular gallery hours are noon-8 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays, and noon-5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, and during events in Toland Theatre. A reception with the artists runs from 4-6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, in the gallery.
All University Art Gallery exhibitions and receptions are free and open to the public.
If you go—
Who: Wisconsin artists who are also art educators
When: Thursday, Sept. 6, to Thursday, Sept. 26
Where: University Art Gallery, first floor of the Center for the Arts, 333 N. 16th St.
Reception with the artists: 4-6 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 21, in the gallery