Holmen | La Crescent | La Crosse | Onalaska | Town of Campell | West Salem
Whether you are looking for a vacation or just a long weekend, the La Crosse Region offers something for everyone. Plan your stay in the Driftless Region; nestled between the bluffs and along the grand Mississippi River. With indoor and outdoor activities, arts and culture, and a vast variety of places to eat and stay, you’re bound to enjoy the area from sun up to sundown.
Centrally located on I-90 between Minneapolis-St. Paul, Des Moines, Chicago, and Milwaukee, the La Crosse Region is just a road trip away. Bring your family and friends for a weekend filled with a plethora of activities!
• Grandad Bluff: Swing by Grandad Bluff for an expansive, aerial view of the La Crosse, Coulee Region. Wisconsin Trails magazine readers voted Grandad Bluff as “the most scenic view in the state!”
• Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe: Drive South of Grandad Bluff to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, a spiritual destination for visitors around the world. Located deep within 100 acres of the Mississippi River Valley and among the bluffs, visitors are captivated by the chapels, statues, gardens and devotional areas.
• Lake Onalaska: Afterwards, head North and make your way to Onalaska, WI to visit the Sunny the Sunfish sculpture and overlook Lake Onalaska. Don’t forget to explore the many local eateries during the landmark tours!
For more activity focused travelers, the region provides creative, indoor and outdoor outlets!
• Make & Take: Get crafty at Creative Canvas and Board in Downtown La Crosse. The fun and inspiring art studio offers Sip & Paint canvas painting, Board Design classes, Graffiti workshops, and pottery projects.
• Escape: Make a memory to last a lifetime at La Crosse Escape Room! The themed escape rooms require groups to crack codes, follow clues, solve puzzles and escape within a time limit. Will you make it out in time?
• Outdoor Rec: Get active outdoors with one of our many trail and river opportunities. Interested in paddling the waterways? Rent a kayak or canoe and take the family on a gentle ride through the wetland courses or enjoy a moderate to strenuous kayaking adventure along the Mississippi, Black or La Crosse Rivers.
• Bluff Trails: Set out on your adventure hiking or on your mountain bike to explore over 100 miles of maintained paths such as Lueth Park, Upper Hixon, Lower Hixon Forest, and other Wisconsin State Trails.
Planning a corporate gathering? Check out one of our many event centers. Offering tours, festivals, lodging, award-winning restaurants, and excellent nightlife, the region will suit your needs.
• La Crosse, WI: The La Crosse Center offers thousands of square feet of rooms to fit the needs of your group. Located in downtown La Crosse, it is conveniently central to hotels and restaurants within walking distance and is currently being renovated. Be one of the first events to enjoy the fresh space in early 2021!
• Onalaska, WI: Home to the Omni Center, Onalaska also offers expansive space and arenas for your next event. A large shopping district, restaurants and accommodations are nearby ensuring, Onalaska is sure to meet your event’s needs.
• La Crescent, MN: New to the scene in La Crescent, MN is the La Crescent Area Event Center. With a short commute to Downtown La Crosse, and with three meeting rooms, the event center offers private meeting spaces, a restaurant and bar on-site, cozy lodging options at the adjacent Best Western Plus and much more.
• Coulee Region: Looking for a smaller, affordable meeting space? Don’t forget to ask local hotels, restaurants, and organizations for their meeting accommodations as well.
With the six municipalities in the La Crosse Region, there is adventure and accommodation appropriate for every traveler’s needs. Explore the location that is second to none with incredible views, local hospitality, and unique adventure. Explore La Crosse.