EXPLORE LA CROSSE WELCOMES PROSPECTIVE VOLUNTEERS.
To assure that you will be comfortable as an Explore La Crosse volunteer, we select volunteers who meet the following criteria:
- Passionate about the La Crosse Area and State of Wisconsin
- Customer service focused
- Computer literate
- Comfortable in talking one-on-one with visitors
- Team Player who loves engaging with people
- Flexible and willing to assist with additional shifts when needed
- Keen to participate in ongoing learning
- Willing to occasionally volunteer on weekends if needed
Explore La Crosse recruits volunteers to provide face-to-face information for the following tourism programs:
- La Crosse Area Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center located off I-90
- Great River Landing Visitor Information
- Explore La Crosse Welcome Booth- La Crosse Center
- Explore La Crosse Mobile Visitor Center
- Explore La Crosse booths at trade shows and/or events
Shifts can be consistent or on an as needed basis. Volunteers staffing the Great River Landing Visitor Center and the La Crosse Area Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center located off I-90, will be compensated 62.5 cents per mile when traveling to and from. Mileage forms will be collected by the 10th of the month and paid monthly. Water and snacks are also provided during scheduled shifts at the Great River Landing Visitor Center and the La Crosse Area Travel Wisconsin Welcome Center as well as an Explore La Crosse polo shirt and name tag.
Volunteers will work side by side with our current staff to learn the daily activities happening at the Welcome Centers. Amount of time spent training will depend on the volunteer’s preferences.